So, this doesn’t really fit with the theme of my blog, but since three of my classmates nominated me for this, I figured I would give it a go.
My awesome classmates make up the majority of my followers, so they know this already. But for those of you who don’t know, this blog was created as a project for one of my university classes.
There were a few groans when it was assigned, but I think most of you agree with me when I say this has been one of the best assignments ever. Not only did I learn a lot, I also had the opportunity to write about whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. For someone who loves to write, but struggles to find the time to write anything other than boring papers or other school assignments, that’s a big deal.
So, first off I’d like to thank my lovely classmates Scott, Nikki, and Carmen, who nominated me for this challenge thinger. You guys are great. =]
I’d also like to thank my professor, Roberta, for all of her guidance, and for assigning this awesome project, which has allowed me to flex my writing muscles on my own terms. I have every intention of posting on this blog as often as I can.
Finally, I’d like to thank all of my other classmates in every course I’ve taken so far. Thank you for all of your help when I was confused, for sharing countless laughs and fun times, and for providing a much-needed opportunity for me to vent when I thought I was about to snap. It’s been another crazy year, and I couldn’t have gotten through if it weren’t for all of you.
Here we go!
The official rules are:
1) Thank the rockin’ blogger who nominated you.
2) Answer the 11 questions you were given.
3) Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 500 followers.
4) Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5) Tag your nominees and post a comment in their blog so they know they’ve been nominated.
Scott’s nominated me first, so I will answer his questions first?
1. What is your favorite and least favorite color?
Favourite = Yellow, Least Favourite = Orange
2. What do you notice first about the opposite gender?
If he can make me laugh, he instantly has my attention. My boyfriend makes me laugh alllll the time. =]
3. What is your favorite movie and why? (I’m sure Devin will have fun with this one)
Just one? =[
I suppose if I had to choose it would be Garden State, because it is a totally underrated story about love, but isn’t mushy or lame. It’s actually really funny. And Natalie Portman is a total babe.
4. What upcoming or recently released movie do you most want to see?
I’m going to see Captain America this weekend and I’m super stoked.
5. If you could have any animal as a pet, and you didn’t have to worry about the cost or difficulty in taking care of it, what would you choose?
A wolf. Without question. Preferably a direwolf, but since those are pretty hard to come by, any wolf would do.
6. Which sport is your favourite to play? To watch?
Soccer is my favourite to play, but hockey is the most fun to watch?
7. Which website do you go on the most?
Pinterest. I’m an addict.
8. If you could only eat at one restaurant for the rest of your life, where would you choose?
Oh gosh, I don’t know. Probably Red Lobster. Seafood is my fave.
9. What is something about you that most people don’t know or wouldn’t expect?
I’m sure most of my classmates think I’m really quiet, but once you get to know me, I’m anything but.
10. What is your biggest fear or the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
I have a terrible fear of losing everyone I love and being totally alone. Really depressing, I know.
11. What’s the funniest joke you can think of off the top of your head?
I heard a really good one the other day, but it was super long, and I’m far too lazy to write it all out. If you see me during finals, ask me and I’ll tell you.
Now Nikki’s 11 Questions
1. If you could live in any time era, which would you choose?
I’ve always had a love for all things 1920’s. I think I was a flapper girl in another life.
2. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they?
Yes, indeed. I have three stars on my collar bone, Alexisonfire lyrics on my calf, a heart shaped Celtic knot with a Gaelic phrase between my shoulders, a ladybug behind my ear, and a skeleton key with my families initials on my left forearm. My mom has the matching lock on her leg. =]
3. Do you prefer reading, or watching movies?
Impossible to choose. I love both, but it depends on my mood.
4. What is your favorite genre of music?
I love pretty much anything. Seriously, I listen to so much different genres of music. But the largest part of my collection is alternative rock.
5. Are you allergic to anything?
Nope! Superior genes, right here.
6. Do you sing the car?
All the time. And very, very loudly.
7. Who would you like to see in concert?
Ohhh man. I could name a billion. Die Antwoord would be super cool, though.
8. Are you a righty or a lefty?
Normal ol’ righty.
9. Put your Itunes library on shuffle, what’s the first song that comes up?
“Dead Sea” by The Lumineers.
10. Can you speak another language?
A wee bit of French, but I can understand it a lot better than I can speak it.
11. Grab the nearest book to you, turn to page 27, what does line 5 say?
“They didn’t seem too surprised by my arrival, which made sense: The fact that Augustus made me feel special did not necessarily indicate that I was special.”
And, finally, Carmen’s questions.
1. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
Too hot. I hate being cold.
2. What is your favourite genre of novel?
I love everything, but lately I’ve been reading a lot of historical novels.
3. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
4. Would you rather meet a ghost or an alien?
A ghost. Aliens terrify me.
5. Flowers or trees?
Both have their appeal, but I love having fresh flowers in my room.
6. What is your favourite animal?
I love giraffes.
7. What is one cause or organization that you support?
Equality of human rights. It is the most important thing in the world.
8. When you were young what did you want to be when you grew up?
An “office lady,” as I called it. Thank God my priorities have changed.
9. Do you have a lucky number?
10. What are you obsessed with?
So many things… But most people who know me relate me with Harry Potter.
11. And finally, what is your major life goal?
I would love to be able to write for Rolling Stone magazine one day, but the likelihood of that is slim. So, just to be happy no matter what I do.
I’m going to break the rules, and not make my own questions, or nominate anyone, since I think most of my followers have been nominated multiple times by now. I just thought this would be kind of fun (it was!) and a suitable farewell to my BCSC classmates. Until next year! ❤
To all my other followers, I will be back soon, once the stress of finals is over. =]
As always, thanks for reading. As your reward, please enjoy this picture of my cat when she was a kitten.